Neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit
Dr Gokhul has extensive experience in both the neonatal and paediatric intensive care unit caring for critically ill babies and children from birth to 12 years of age.
The NICU and PICU are units in which we care for critically ill babies needing ventilation and/or intensive monitoring and management.
Some of conditions we manage in NICU/PICU include:
- Premature babies with their associated co-morbid conditions linked to prematurity
- Infection or Sepsis/septic shock and/or associated multi-organ dysfunction
- Neonatal encephalopathy : Hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy and brain cooling
- Congenital abnormalities
- Genetic and inherited metabolic conditions
- Cardiac disease eg congenital heart disease, cardiac failure, care to post operative
- Respiratory diseases eg Pneumonia
- Neurological disorders eg : Meningitis/encephalitis , status epilepticus
- Post operative care/monitoring